Advances in VCR System
Keywords:VCR, Multistaging, Subcooling
This paper comprehensively reviews the recent studies on advanced vapor compression cycle technologies. These technologies are categorized in three groups: subcooling cycles, expansion loss recovery cycles and multistage cycles. The subcooling cycle research is focused on a suction-line heat exchanger, thermoelectric subcooler and mechanical subcooler. The expansion loss recovery cycles are mainly focused on utilizing an expander and ejector. The multi-stage cycle research includes a vapor or liquid refrigerant injection cycle, two-phase refrigerant injection cycle. All these advanced vapor compression cycle technology options are reviewed and their effects are discussed. In recent years, the research and development have been made to improve the performance of the VCC. This seminar presents the improved cycle options and their comprehensive review.
How to cite this article: Patil DP, Dole NB. Advances in VCR System. J Adv Res Mfg Mater Sci Met Engr 2019; 6(3&4): 41-44.
2. Park C, Lee H, Radermacher R. Recent advances in vapour compression cycle. Int J Refrigeration 2015; 60: 118-134.
3. Lawrence N, Elbel S. Theoretical and practical comparison of two-phase ejector refrigeration cycles including first and second law analysis. Int J Refrigeration 2015; 36: 1220-1232.
4. Lawrence N, Elbel S. Experimental investigation of a two-phase ejector cycle suitable for use with low-pressure refrigerants R-134a and R-1234yf. Int J Refrigeration 2016; 38: 310-322.
5. Lee H, Hwang R, Radermacher R et al. Performance investigation of multi-stage saturation cycle with natural working fluids and low GWP working fluids. Int J Refrigeration 2015; 51: 103-111.
6. Lee H, Hwang R, Radermacher R et al. Potential benefits of saturation cycle with two-phase refrigerant injection. Appl Therm Eng 2015; 56: 27-37.